- 1.Every month make sure to test smoke alarm batteries
- 2.Every three months review your First Aid/CPR/AED skills at our online refresher center: http://rdcrss.org/Refresher
- 3.Every 56 days donate blood!Note: Blood (whole blood) can be donated every 56 days. Platelets can be donated every 7 days, up to 24 times per year. See redcrossblood.org for additional qualifications and information.
- 4.Twice a year practice your home fire escape planYou can make one here: http://rdcrss.org/EscapePlan
- 5.Twice a year Turn and Test!Test/replace smoke alarm batteries and turn your clocks an hour ahead or behind.
- 6.Twice a year check and restock if needed your emergency kit's food, water, and medicine supply.See our last list for things you need in your emergency kit!
- 7.Every two years take a First Aid/CPR/AED course to keep your certification currentYou can sign up for a course in your area by visiting our website: http://rdcrss.org/Class
- 8.Every 10 years replace your smoke alarm