ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
Thank you @BWN_7 for this welcomed trip down memory lane! 🐶🎾
- •Hannah and I were planning our futures together one afternoon.We were probably in the 4th grade. We'd known each other since we were 5 and to this day she's my friend I've know the longest. She was to be an architect and I a veterinarian. We sat and brainstormed for the longest time about the building she was going to make me for my office and our future partnership.
- •The office was (obviously) going to be in the shape of a dog with a tennis ball in his mouth, tail pointed high in the air, crouched and ready to pounceMy office would be in the tennis ball. Like we drew this out and everything.
- •The only obstacle we could foresee would be finding someone to operate on pet tarantulasPets are pets, but I still don't understand why this is a thing, y'all!! Anyway, since I'd be in charge I would just hire someone for my team that loved spiders. Duh.
- •Hannah would office right next door to the building she'd build me.
- •Since we were best friends and I was to be a vet, money was no object!We envisioned going global with the practices, I'm sure.
- •Our moms were so proud of us when they saw the schematics!
- •Personally, and especially lately, I miss dreaming like this. Like a child.Now I almost exclusively see obstacles to my plans
- •Not only do I miss dreaming without boundaries, I miss doing it with someone so loving and empowering and amazingShe has never stopped being the sweetest girl on the planet and the truest friend ever
- •Now I'm in Houston and she's in DallasThat's a 5 hour drive for the unfamiliar
- •She works as a consultant in the community health fieldOh also she's married lol
- •And I work in a corporate office that is not a tennis ballAnd I am not married lol
- •But when I need to, I remember the doggy building and I remember Hannah.To me, both encapsulate optimism, hope, and confidence.
- •What my office would've looked likeYou can tell why she was the architect & I wasn't :)
- •Edit: Texted Hannah. She remembers this perfectly.
- •I forgot till she brought it up, but it came right after I scored my first basket in basketball!!!!!!!!!I knew I loved this day :')