Classic Literature That I Hate
I'm not say thing these books don't have merit, just that I would never read them for pleasure.
- •Catcher in the RyeI've never been a douche bag (oh, sorry, I mistyped "misunderstood") teenage boy, so this book has no appeal for me.
- •On the RoadIf I wanted to hang out with a misogynist, racist dude who was high as a kite and couldn't identify a run on sentence to save his life, I'd just go talk to the next college student I ran into.
- •HamletWhat a whiner.
- •A Tale of Two CitiesWay to make two awesome cities completely uninteresting to me, Dickens.
- •Basically all Victorian literatureI just can't handle any book that takes 50 pages to get to the point.
- •Moby DickNope, nope, nope.
- •Lord of the RingsI tried to read this multiple times, you guys. Don't be mad!
- •A special note: all of Ayn Rand's books would be on here if I considered them "classic" or "literature"...but I don't.