Things I can't do now that I have a spinal cord stimulator
2 years ago I got a spinal cord stimulator implanted to help with my chronic pain. That means I have a decent size battery in my back that is connected to two thick wires that are screwed into a small paddle in my spine.
- •MRIsThe only thing I am actually prohibited from
- •Be in a human pyramid
- •Intense backpacking
- •Be a gymnast
- •Be an aerialist
- •A weight lifter
- •Basically all the cool things in the olympics
- •Dive below 1 atmosphereJust got PADI certified before all this
- •Anything where falling on your back is a possibility
- •Travel anywhere without reliable access to electricityI have remote that controls the stimulation- that needs to be changed. Also the internal battery is charged by an external battery that I have to wear on a belt. This happens often.
- •Wear a corset
- •Long bumpy car trips
- •Give piggyback rides