Already on li.st? Open in app.
Here are some skills you can use to improve your day to day life.
- 1.Read body language.Your body communicates your true feelings and intentions to the world. Bring able to read subtle behavioral changes in others allows you to predict the future with plenty of time to prepare for it. It allows you to understand how someone is truly feeling and gives you an upper hand in social interactions.
- 2.Control body language.Controlling your body language asked you to communicate with others in a subconscious level. It allows you to attract others to speak to you at a dinner party without saying a word. If your body language makes others feel welcomed, they will come. Controlling your body language also allows you to alter your emotional state. Which in turn opens up new and personalities within yourself.
- 3.Controlling guilty pleasuresWe all have bad habits. From overeating, smoking, drinking too much, etc. Being able to understand what triggers your guilty pleasures is necessary to stop indulging in the misbehavior. Once you understand your triggers, you can start eliminating then from your environments. - If you overeat, you can start by removing unhealthy foods from your pantry. - If you smoke is triggered by others smoking around you, you can start distancing yourself from your smoking friends.
Simple steps to get you dancing even if you are not "in the mood." At first it might feel weird, awkward, or just not right. But bear with me, embrace the feeling.
- 1.Bend your knees. (Do it now. Right Now!)Keep them bent around 80% of the time. (Yes, it feels weird, embrace the feeling and go to next step.)
- 2.Now bend your elbows.Keep them bent around 80% of the time. (Yes, you look like a koala, embrace the feeling and continue to the next step)
- 3.Start bouncing. (Rhythmically)If there's music, bounce to a beat of the song. But don't worry about being perfectly in sync with the music.
These are quotes I've highlighted whilst reading the following book:
- •"The Path" By Michael Puett and Christine Gross-LohWhat Chinese Philosophers Can Teach Us About The Good Life.
- •"A good life emerges not from planning it out, but through training ourselves to respond well to small moments." Front Jacket
- •"Every person has equal potential for growth" Page 21Belief held by many philosophers encountered in the book.
- •Style of textLIKE THIS or like this??? !!!
- 1.The AlchemistOne of the first books I've ever read which was not assigned by a teacher. I couldn't let it down. It's very intriguing and inspirational. It shares a story of a shepherd boy who follows his passion. His story is a metaphor, a metaphor for why the author took so long to fulfill his own dream. It Is a book about pursuing and achieving your dreams. A great read for anyone any age.
- 2.The Richest Man In BabylonThis book gives a story which teaches what you need to grow riches over time. It is a great book for business owners but the principles applies to anyone who wants to become wealthy. This one makes a great gift. It shares great advice though a story of the richest man in the richest city. It also shows how anyone can be wealthy by following a few key principles. I'ts one of the thinnest books in my bookcase and it covers the basic principles about making and keeping money.
- 3.Choose YourselfWritten by James Altucher, this book is somewhat controversial, although you can open it at any page and you will find life changing advice. He shares many stories and many ways to improve your life. Great Read.
I'm laying on my couch editing the PositiveLibrary.org website and I'm trying to figure out what drives people. What do people really want? Here is what I have come up with:
- •More Money
- •More Sex
- •More Food
We live in a world where people are constantly walking around in their own bubble. Thinking about their To-Do lists and worrying about their own problems. You see people with their eyes stuck on their phone screens, unaware of their surroundings. Surroundings full of opportunities and potential relationships.
- •Eventually we grow insecure and lose confidence to straighten up and look into each other's eyes.You should set out to turn strangers into friends. Here are 3 steps to create amazing connections:
- •1. Pull Them Into Your Life.Sometimes all you have to do is to lend a hand out. Literally, lend a hand out. Some people might feel scared, anxious, or unwelcomed. So lend a hand out and pull them into your life. Pull them into your group of friends and make them feel welcomed. We all have had the awkward moment where you feel like an outsider. You don’t know how to relate and feel shy. Notice when people are going through these emotions and lend a hand out.
- •2. Understand Them.You should seek to understand their point of view, and their way of experiencing life. When someone is sharing their thoughts and experiences with you, nothing makes them feel more understood than your eye contact. People will care about you, because you care about them and what they have to say. Ask the right questions. Find out about their childhood, and their aspirations.
Most people determine whether you are confident or not by your body language. Knowing the key differences between insecure and confident body language lets you choose between the two depending on which is more appropriate.
- •Insecure people:
- •1. Tend to shrink in size.
- •2. Cringe towards the ground.
Sometimes when you are running out of confidence you must take a retreat to get it back. Here are five types of confidence retreats:
- 1.Self Pep Talk.This is the one you are likely most familiar with. You probably do it all the time. It's when you go into a bathroom to look in the mirror and start pep taking to yourself.
- 2.Meditate.This one is done either in private or in the midst of chaos. Whether it'd be in the middle of the dance floor or on top of a rock at the Himalayas. Meditation allows you to tune out your surroundings and dive into your deeper desires.
- 3.Go for a walk.You step out of your daily stress and experience the oxytocin and happiness surging through your body. You do this to forget about your daily struggles and create a more empowering mindset.