REASONS MY LOCAL NEWS ANCHORS ARE THE WORST
I know it's a small market, but still...
- •They are idiots.I mean, really. These people are on live TV 4-5 hours a day and every day it's like it's their first.
- •They are always throwing to someone "in the newsroom"Even though we know the "newsroom" is in the same room as the anchor desk.
- •In the same vein they throw to a remote...that is, 9 times out of 10, in their own goddamn parking lot.
- •PronunciationThey can't be bothered. They repeat the same script every 10 minutes and they can't find out how to pronounce things like "saguaro" or names of cities *in our area*. Not to mention and foreign sounding name.
- •Total lack of interest in the news.I mean, I get it. It's a job. It's a grind. But I would really like for my NEWS anchors to have a curiosity about the world or perhaps even a passing interest.