5 Driving Don'ts
Annoying, rude, or unsafe...these are the things that keep road rage on the rise.
- •Tailgating. Nothing worse than looking in your rear view mirror to see some jackass steaming up your back bumper. Slow down or take the weeds!
- •Failing to use turn signals. You know the ones...you are cruising down the highway (or inching along if you live in a city) and all of the sudden a car changes lanes in front of you with no warning. You slam on the brakes expecting to feel the impact as the car clips your front bumper. &$@#!
- •Driving while reading. This should really be a no brainier, but it is amazing how many people I see trying to read while driving. The newspaper, a magazine, the latest Grisham novel...whatever. Like you can't skim the news or read on your lunch break later? Seriously, put the shit down an DRIVE.
- •Doing your makeup. Yes ladies, you know who you are. You hit the snooze bar one too many times and now you are late. So while driving like a maniac (usually in a Suburban with 6 kids in the back), you are applying a full ten step makeup process. It's not worth stabbing yourself in the eye with a mascara wand as you swerve all over the place.
- •Driving while on the phone/texting. While it is illegal to be on your phone in many areas of the country, people still talk, text, Snapchat, post to Facebook, etc. while operating a vehicle. A car can KILL someone or yourself if you are watching your phone instead of the road. HANG UP AND DRIVE.