TOP 10 BOOKSTORES
Inspired by @NatGeo. Some are famous and others are just local gooders
- 1.Backstreet books in Chiang MaiBackpacking culture in Thailand means there are many used bookstores, but this one has the best cultivation of used books and the Irish owner has pointed me to many a gem
- 2.Book selling sidewalks in YangonThere's a few decent bookstores too, but the selection of reprinted English and Burmese language books is pretty awesome!
- 3.Atlantis books in Oia, GreeceFound this gem on a girlfriends trip to Santorini. I bought my copy of the Iliad there and I was nerdy excited to see it on the Nat Geog list!
- 4.Dencen Books and Magazines in TorontoIt's a fire hazard of a used bookstore, but a non-hipster, non-pretentious bookstore that's like a treasure hunt
- 5.Ada's Technical Books and Cafe in SeattleFeminist science nerds of the world unite!
- 6.Bus boys and poets in Washington, DCWant to feel like a communist rebel while you wait to get tasty tasty food in DC?
- 7.Powell's booksNeed I say more....
- 8.Any friends if the library sale50 cent paperbacks, and $1 hardcovers? Yes, please!
- 9.Half priced books in MinnesotaThere's a few of them around, but they're great to hunt through.
- 10.The book exchange in Missoula, MontanaMay not be in the most glamorous of locations (aka strip mall), but that doesn't mean it doesn't contain beauties inside