Already on li.st? Open in app.
Public information officers are good... Most of the time, but sometimes we anger those who depend on us for official information. Avoid these items and you'll do OK.
- •Don't answer your phone
- •Send out a news release at 5 pm on Friday
- •Don't answer your phone after sending out a news release at 5 pm on Friday after listing yourself as the contact.
Public information officers need to be professional, but they also need to not sound completely aloof. People use emojis to communicate. Sometimes, it's ok for government to use them, too. Here are some messages you can help get across with pictures. Explanations included. Feel free to add your emoji messages. Don't forget to explain them.
- •👍🏻Thumbs up is good for almost anything you applaud or approve of.
- •😀Smiley: Great response to happy news or a nice joke.
- •⚡️🌨💨❄️⛈💥🔥☔️🌪🌊💦Any of the weather emojis are good for preparedness.