HOW TO TICK OFF THE NEWS MEDIA
Public information officers are good... Most of the time, but sometimes we anger those who depend on us for official information. Avoid these items and you'll do OK.
- •Don't answer your phone
- •Send out a news release at 5 pm on Friday
- •Don't answer your phone after sending out a news release at 5 pm on Friday after listing yourself as the contact.
- •Don't use social media to keep people updated in a crisis
- •Don't go on camera despite listing yourself as the point of contact for a story or incident.
- •Robotically stick to your talking points.
- •Say "no comment."