SKETCHES REVEAL THE SECRETS BEHIND 8 ICONIC WORKS OF ART HISTORY
Read more about these sketches and the stories behind them on Artsy: https://www.artsy.net/article/the-art-genome-project-what-secrets-do-these-sketches-reveal-about-8-iconic-artworks
- •Leonardo da Vinci, "Portrait d'Isabelle d'Este (Portrait of Isabella d'Este)," 1499-1500Musée du Louvre
- •Leonardo da Vinci, "Épouse de Francesco del Giocondo, dite Mona Lisa, ou la Joconde (Wife of Francesco del Giocondo, called Mona Lisa, or la Joconde)," 1503-1506Musée du Louvre
- •Peter Paul Rubens, "Lion," ca. 1612-1613National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- •Peter Paul Rubens, "Daniel in the Lions' Den," ca. 1614/1616National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- •Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, "Sketch for Madame Moitessier"National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- •Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, "Madame Moitessier," 1851National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- •Georges Seurat, "Study for "La Grande Jatte"," 1884/1885National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- •Georges Seurat, "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte -- 1884," 1884 -86Art Institute of Chicago
- •Pablo Picasso, "Les femmes d'Alger (Women of Algiers)," 1955San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
- •Pablo Picasso, "Les femmes d'Alger (Version 'O')," 1955Christie's
- •Judy Chicago, "Virginia Woolf (preparatory drawing for The Dinner Party)," 1976National Museum of Women in the Arts
- •Judy Chicago, "The Dinner Party," 1979Brooklyn Museum of Art
- •Frank Gehry, "Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, design sketch of the riverfront elevation, Bilbao, Spain," 1991LACMA, Los Angeles
- •Frank Gehry, "Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao," 1993-1997Bilbao, Spain
- •Kara Walker, "Untitled," 2013-2014Sikkema Jenkins & Co.
- •Kara Walker, “A Subtlety, or the Marvelous Sugar Baby,” 2014.