5 WAYS HAVING AN ALTERNATE SPELLING OF A VERY COMMON NAME AFFECTS ME
My parents named me Ashleigh and not Ashley because they knew I was Special™
- •Never having to own a dumb novelty license plateOr being gifted one...
- •That deep connection to someone you meet with the same spellingSister??
- •Being able to humiliate innocent substitute teachersShowing them who's the boss of this classroom since 5 years old
- •Not being outspoken enough to correct anyone when they spell it wrongTechnically, I'm the one who is spelling it wrong.
- •Having non-English speakers be unable to say your nameHere in France I go by "Ash-LEG." ohhhh silent G, how I admire you!