7 SIMPLE TRUTHS WE SEEM TO FORGET
- 1.If a person is talking about one thing, that doesn't mean they don't have any other thoughts about different things.i.e If I get sad because a celebrity I didn't know dies, I can also be sad that people die of starvation every day. And get this...I can be sad about BOTH at the SAME time.
- 2.Shutting the fuck up is always an option.I often hear people complaining about not knowing the right thing to say in a controversial or tense situation as if everyone is waiting with bated breath for their opinion. Truthfully, you can just say nothing until you know what you want to say and how you want to say it.
- 3.Don't start none, won't be none.If you really don't want a problem with someone, it would be wise not to talk shit or start shit with that person. Just so your desires and outcomes have a better chance at being congruent.
- 4.The Devil doesn't need an advocate.Who the fuck are you that the Prince of Darkness himself would need your sorry ass to verbally have his back? You ain't that special, playboy.
- 5.Being mean does not equal being intelligent.People who think cynicism, grumpiness, and general asinine behavior is indicative of having a deeper understanding of the world than happy or bubbly people are wrong. They also probably minored in philosophy and are failed poets.
- 6.Everything you know, you learned.No one came out of the womb knowing words like "patriarchy", "appropriation", and "problematic". You read some books, you had some conversations, you got called out, Etc. There were many catalysts for you to reach the understanding you have today. You can allow someone else their process without marking them forever. And you still don't know everything.
- 7.Just because you don't like something doesn't make it bad or wrong.I don't like Terrence Howard, but I respect his right to act poorly as a human and character on television. If you like him, I'm happy for you. Easy.