ODDEST PLACES I'VE SOBBED SINCE MY GRANDMA DIED
This is how I'm dealing with my grief, people.
- •The Verizon storeJust so you know, if you're on a plan with someone and they die, Verizon will charge you about $600 to take care of that.
- •During yogaI know now that crying during yoga is actually totally on-brand, but this was my first yoga class. I assumed my instructor was a witch.
- •During a meeting with a potential new editor for a freelance projectKeep your "visiting my sweet nana this weekend" stories to yourself, Lady. It's called TMI, and also, MY EMOTIONS. Meanwhile, what are your rates for features?
- •In the rose garden at the Brooklyn Botanical gardensThe roses aren't even bloom, but the dead branches reminded me of my grandma being dead too.
- •In TargetGrandma sure did love Target, didn't she? Remember when she almost fought that other old lady for grabbing the last brushed nickel frame? Fuck, those were the days.
- •In a dressing room at The GapIt's kind of embarrassing that you're here, but their dresses usual fit so well, but this one isn't, so you remember the time Grandma got you a girdle for Christmas, and well...yeah.