ALTERNATIVES TO ANTI-DEPRESSANTS I HAVE TRIED
I have been a rapid mood cycler my whole life. It's not so bad. I'm super productive & I've never been so compromised I've had to be hospitalized. But meds never work so I look for alternatives.
- •ExerciseIt's astonishing how well this works, and how hard it is for me to get off my ass and do it regularly.
- •MeditationThis doesn't keep my mood from fluctuating, but it does provide perspective on thing so I don't give in to negative thoughts. This is a very good thing. So why don't I do it more often?
- •StimulantsTerrible. Made me super irritable. Though productive as hell.
- •MarijuanaI don't like being high so I use high CBD low THC weed for my bad shoulder. I find it makes me easy going. But too slow for regular use.
- •Walking in tall treesI read a study that found that walking amidst tall trees was as good for mood elevation as SSRIs. I have found this to be true. I live in California, so there are redwoods through which I can walk, and yet I don't do it that often. Why is that?
- •MicrodosingFor very long time, I have wanted to try microdosing with LSD to stabilize mood and counteract depression and irritability. But I don't really have connections with illegal drug markets, so I've never been able to get my hands on any liquid LSD. Recently, however, I came into some magic mushrooms. I am right now trying an experiment with Psilocyben microdosing. So far, I haven't really felt anything. Maybe I'm using too small a dose, but I have no interest in tripping. We'll see how this goes.