BERKELEY IN A NUTSHELL
I love Berkeley but this place can be so completely and delightfully insane. This list is a work in progress.
- •I was once criticized in a drug store for buying disposable diapers.To be clear, I was pregnant - hugely - had a baby in arms, and two other little kids. I was buying swim diapers. My response, "Lady, there is no way in hell I'm spending my last vacation in the foreseeable future rinsing shit out of a reusable swim diaper. But thank you for your concern."
- •I have been told to check my pronoun privilege.By a nine year old. To whom I gave birth.
- •My daughter's paper on Columbus included the word genocide.At least 27 times.
- •The only line at the farmers market longer than the artisanal kombucha stand's is Blue Bottle's.
- •I once almost bought a 13 dollar bottle of cashew milk.And I hate cashews.