7 Favorite Things As A Veteran Costco Customer
There's a Buzzfeed article about Costco and things you don't know about their liquor sales and pizza-selling proficiency, etc. - this is from my experience over 7 years at primarily one location. I know not everyone has access to a Costco and/or can afford it, don't @ me. CC: @DCB @amieshmamie Thanks for the LR @andersun !
- •Bulk FoodLook, I have 4 boys who already go through 2-3 gallons of milk a week and a normal-sized box of cereal in one sitting if we let them. Normal pack of string cheese? 1-2 snack-times and it's gone. 3 boxes of Mac/Cheese at a time. Buying in bulk (and cheaper overall) is nice, when possible. This will only increase as they get older...
- •Cheap GasThey are generally at the lower (current local price minus $.05 to $.10) price at least a day longer than the stations in the area, so if timed right when filling up the land barge I can save $7 - $10.
- •Great bakeryI've yet to have a baked good be sup-par - cookies, pies, cakes, muffins, etc. Impressive at the scale they're making things.
- •Photo DepartmentDirt-cheap prints uploaded online - large-scale picture blow-ups for cheap, and available very quickly. Canvas prints, coffee mugs, etc - no need for Shutterfly or any of those other online photo sites.
- •Kirkland BrandTheir in-house brand of products is great, in my experience. No qualms about buying it over the name-brand.
- •SamplesGood way to find new stuff without buying a ton of it and potentially having it go to waste; entertainment for the kids; easy way to predict/avoid crowds if there on a weekend (do not want).
- •Accommodating Return PolicyLet's just say I know a guy who returned an item they purchased from Costco 4+ years ago and they no longer sell for a full refund.