7 Movie Viewing Experiences That Knocked My Socks Off
- 1.Star Wars: A New Hope/ SupermanWhen visiting my grandparents, I sometimes got to use the TV* my uncle (who was living in the basement) hooked a VCR to, and watched Star Wars and Superman (Christopher Reeves - RIP) over and over on a terribly-copied VHS tape. I had never seen anything like those movies. *Also the TV I watched scrambled pr0n on. 😄
- 2.BraveheartBrutally graphic, emotionally gripping. Regardless of what's happened with Mel Gibson since then, this set the bar for epic movie-making. Just thinking about the score and "freeeeeedom" gives me chills.
- 3.JumanjiThe special effects were mind-blowing for the time (1995). And Robin was fantastic (RIP).
- 4.The MatrixBeyond the incredible special effects, the plot/story was brilliant. My wife and I (dating at the time) both were like whuuuuuuuuuuuut 😳
- 5.The Sixth SenseWent to this one on a date, had no idea what it was about just that Bruce Willis was in it. The twist got me fo sho.
- 6.The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The RingAs a major LOTR reader growing up, I anticipated this movie and really worried I would be disappointed; I was floored. Peter Jackson stayed true to the books, and the way it came to life on screen made me almost weepy in the theater.
- 7.Gravity (IMAX 3D)I'm a sucker for special effects and visual story telling, and this was the last theater experience I was 😳 for (granted I don't get to the theater much now since, you know, Tripocalypse™).