All Pugs Go to Heaven
Technically all dogs, but ours was a Pug - had to have him put down yesterday 😔 Not looking for sympathy, want to celebrate his life. He was a great dog, made it to 13, been through a lot, and it was time. We'll miss you buddy.
- •Bumper was actually our second Pug, our first was Rudy, and we brought Rudy home from the breeder when he was 6 months old. Rudy unfortunately had Pug Dog Encephalitis, and we had to have him put down at 2 1/2. Our breeder let us "borrow" his litter mate, Bumper.
- •We brought him home and he was just so excited to be out of his crate - he could barely sit still. This was the first day with us in 2002.
- •Once the breeder insisted we keep him, it was time for a bath.
- •For the first few weeks he rarely slept unless he was in his crate - otherwise he was running around sniffing things.
- •Eventually he got to Pug stage and just wanted to be next to or on one of us.
- •Pug ears are so expressive, just a subtle move up or down, a head tilt, and we could tell exactly what he was thinking...
- •My man knew what was up. #GoIrish
- •He was our Christmas Card picture for the first 7 years.
- •This was his favorite stuffed animal, had to be in his bed or he tore apart the house looking for it.
- •His favorite spot (when not on us) was the back of the couch.
- •Pets are a part of our families - make sure you remember yours this Holiday season!
- •RIP Bumper: 9/27/2012 - 12/16/2015
- •Thanks for letting me overshare, List App