Candy Confidential: First Taste Review Of The Mythical Reese's Cups Stuffed With Reese's Pieces
A public service for li.st.
- •Ever since the recent "Top 5: Candy" tidal wave, and the discovery of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups stuffed with Reese's Pieces, I've had my eye out for them.
- •And on my recent trip to Atlanta and Minneapolis, I stumbled across these in a Holiday gas station in Eden Prairie, MN.🎉
- •So let's get down to it.
- •First, the regular.A little smashed, but the outer chocolate shell was not breached. Secure in my knowledge that the taste integrity was needed not compromised, I took the first bite.
- •The first bite is small.Full disclosure - regular Reese's cups don't really do it for me like the Big Cups do, due to the inferior chocolate/peanut butter ratio. With the Reese's Pieces added, would it surpass the regular cups in the stack ranking? You'll have to wait and see (or scroll down, whatever). I expected there to be larger chunks of Pieces, but was disappointed. It just felt like shell mixed in, and a lesser version of the traditional Reese's peanut butter. 😬
- •Next up, the Big Cup.Perfectly round and pure out of the package, I'll admit I got a few butterflies before diving in. Would this virginal bite exceed the previous experience? Were my taste buds and expectations about to be destroyed?
- •First bite in....Good lord, there's whole Reese's Pieces in here!! My mouth explodes in joy, and I use my hands to steady myself before what may have been a taste blackout. So glad I was sitting down!
- •So here we have a new power structure in the Reese's world:
- •4️⃣ Reese's Peanut Butter CupsWill do in a pinch but generally meh.
- •3️⃣ Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Stuffed With Reese's PiecesScarcity makes it a must-buy if encountered.
- •2️⃣ Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Big CupStill a winner, the go-to when the unicorn is nowhere to be found.
- •1️⃣ Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Stuffed With Reese's Pieces Big Cup 👑All hail the king! Long live the king!