Favorite Golf Courses Played and Why
Good topic @dad3 , thanks for the request! There are plenty of meh courses, these are my favs and are List App pictures, not mine.....
- •Oakland HillsIncredible exclusive club in Detroit, they've played the US Open and Ryder Cup here. I played it about 15 years ago and it was a cool experience but I wish I could play it now when I actually am OK. Not happening.
- •Arcadia BluffsBeautiful course on the shores of Lake Michigan, the closest I've been to a Pebble Beach scenario. Pretty much every hole has a view of the water, and it's super well-maintained.
- •TPC of MichiganPlayed here in a corporate outing the week after the Sr. PGA came through, it was cool to see the grandstands and dead grass from people walking everywhere. Also about 15 years ago, this course ate my lunch but not as bad as Oakland Hills.
- •Geneva NationalPlayed in a corporate outing last summer, it's a beautiful course on Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. Gorgeous day, gorgeous course, won longest drive.
- •Signal PointSuuuuper exclusive club outside of South Bend, only 95 members. I worked the grounds crew for 2 summers in college, and got to play on Mondays. I was still learning but it was cool to play something so exclusive; mostly Notre Dame uppity-ups and coaches like Lou Holtz and Ara Parseghian got to play there.
- •Egypt ValleyCountry Club in town, I've only gotten to play once - but shot 85, proud of that.
- •BlackthornPretty course in South Bend, nicest one in the area.