Turning 40 in May, and it's coming on fast. Here are some things that are becoming evident about getting old.....
- •Nose hairsWhy did they just start randomly growing longer (and darker), pushing their way to the sunlight like a weed in the middle of a giant parking lot? Does reaching my upper lip get them upgraded to mustache status??
- •Ear hairsI cannot explain how it feels to put your phone to your ear and feel something tickle randomly, at random times; it's a combination of tickle, anger, annoyance, perplexion (yes I'm making up a word), and shame. Once finally located and removed, it's shocking how long and thick it typically is. nose hairs are impressed.
- •EyebrowsIf left unchecked, they will resemble Fangorn Forest. Quickly.
- •Talk radio and podcastsSlowly but surely I'm now almost exclusively listening to sports radio while driving and podcasts while mowing, driving, and working out (LO to the L!).....
- •BaldingThe yarmulke of thinning hair has really started showing up in pics more and more.
- •Grey HairsI keep it high and tight (see "Balding"), but am starting to see some on the temples. They're way more visible on my chin, and it's a bit of an obsession to pluck them.
- •Being called "sir" and not being carded (like, ever)Unless the waitress/bartender is smart and wants a good tip
- •Wanting a CorvetteWhen did this happen? Am I balder/grayer than I think I am? I'm too young to drive a vette!!!!!!