I (Still) List Because
Nobody asked, but when has that stopped me before? Sometimes I think to myself, especially when things are slow (and/or a new update drops) "why do I do this?" I thought there would only be a few reasons, but then......
- •I enjoy the people that I interact with here.Still the nicest, smartest, genuine collection of phone friends I've ever come across.
- •I like the format.Despite the changes, I find my ability to express my thoughts lining up well with lists.
- •I am invested.17 months in, with a core group of people I Follow (and vice versa).
- •You indulge my obsessions.Sunrises. Parenting. Seinfeld. Sports. Music. Podcasts. Comedy. Double-spacing after a period 😱. There are always at least a few people here willing to dish.
- •I'm narcissistic.Likes and Comments are little drops of happiness.
- •I'm kiiiind of a big deal. People know me.J/K, that's an Anchorman quote!!! But I like that people have a feel for who I am on li.st.
- •I am also RL anonymous.Imagining sharing things I do here on Facebook or Twitter makes me dry-heave with anxiety.
- •I need "social" interaction.I work from home (@andersun - holla), so I don't get the daily human interaction people get on a traditional office setting. And when I travel it's mostly work-related, superficial stuff.
- •People are nice here, it's a legit community.I know I'm saying it again, but it's true. Despite the occasional hiccup, this place is nice and supportive. See: Secret Santa, college care packages, Galentines Day.
- •I've still got things to list.After 564 lists 😳 I'm still waiting for the well to dry up, I honestly thought it would have long before now. Until it does..... *Post*
- •I am slowing down on posting lists (now 625 😳😬), but I still feel like I want to read yours and like/comment.IG isn't really doing it for me, and Twitter is scary AF (to me).