It Got A Little Dusty In My House At About 12:47 am This Morning ⚾️
True confessions from a White Sox fan.
- •My wife is an only child.
- •My FIL has been a Cubs fan all of his 67 years.We took him to his first game at Wrigley for his 60th birthday.
- •It's the one thing he is very passionate about.He watched them with his dad growing up, who passed away two summers ago having never seen a World Series victory for the Cubs.
- •It's the one thing he and his daughter have always enjoyed together.It's one of two things he and I have a common language - the other is fishing.
- •So I was invested. I was all in.Just like in 2004, when the collapse in the NLCS to the Marlins felt like a punch to the gut.
- •And when they got that final out, I felt a rush surpassed only by the White Sox World Series win in 2005.(They only lost one game that entire playoff run, FYI. Just sayin'.)
- •So when the jumping and hugging started, I will admit I got a little verklempt.
- •He knows I'd never root for Michigan football (never. EVER.) but we hugged and celebrated last night.
- •Congrats Chicago and Cubs fans, wherever you may be.Lovable losers no more.