Modes of Transportation, Ranked
- 1.CarI love driving but I hate traffic - luckily I don't get stuck in it very often. My range is about 3.5 hours without needing to stop, as that's usually the most I'll drive before getting on a plane. Some trail mix, a bottle of water, podcasts or 🎶, and I'm GTG.
- 2.PlaneSpend a fair amount of my life traveling, as my list history will attest; I don't mind it the majority of the time, but can understand how it can be anxiety-inducing and stressful if you're not a road warrior. I have TSA pre✔️ and Delta gold status so I'm one of *those* guys.
- 3.TrainRelaxing, the motion and clickety-clack makes me 💤. Roomier than a plane, with power and more opportunities to get up and walk around; downside is limited routes (here in the Midwest) and rigid schedule. Once took a train with my family to Utah and back (my dad worked for Amtrak for a while) - good times.
- 4.FerryI have taken the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan, from Muskegon to Milwaukee and back. Drive right on, go upstairs and chillax. It's a wash time-wise, but avoiding Chicago traffic is 👍🏼. It was calm both days, not sure how it would be in rough water.
- 5.TaxiNot very economical, the smell - I don't care if your Grandma Frances gave it to you.
- 6.RickshawIt's the romance of the Handsome Cab without the guilt or dander of the equine.
- 7.Handsome cabThe worst, especially when the horse has been eating Beefarino.