Things I Feel Compelled to Finish
Like, very strongly.
- •A puzzle.Unless it's 1,000 pieces. I have kids now, not time. So we only do little ones we can complete in one sitting (whew).
- •A TV episode or Movie.Can't stop in the middle and finish later. Can't. Must be viewed in its entirety in one sitting, I want to absorb what is being presented in that moment, not two (or more).
- •Any sentence.How could you leave that sentence just hanging there without finishing it?!? 😠 It deserves to be completed. You started it, have the common decency to finish it. Or I will, usually with a condescending assumptive ending and a dramatic "?" or a sarcastic emphatic "!" My wife is a big fan of this..... Flaw? Skill!
- •A can of Pringles.I mean the smaller ones where there are 2 servings - HA! This may occasionally apply to the full size can as well. 😔
- •An article.Can't stop and come back. If I'm interrupted I get 😡 and have to calm myself, and will likely have to start back over at the beginning.
- •Lego sets.My oldest is ob.sessed. with Legos, and I can't let him start a set and not finish it. It's also difficult for me to see sets we've completed laying in his room with pieces missing, but I've come to grips with that.
- •Food on a plate.A vestige of my poor upbringing, wasting food feels wrong; not good for the waistline to have those last 3 bites (or a toddlers half a meal)...
- •But not books.I have books I've started and never finished, and books I've read bits and pieces of over time. If it's not intriguing, or I have a long way to go, I tend to put it off.