Things My Children Will Do Someday That Will Make Them Say "OMG I'm Turning Into My Father" 😱
Feel free to publish your own by long-pressing the title (change the last word to "Mother" if you're not a dude - duh) and save me the trouble of LR'ing all of you wonderful people....
- •Pepper into conversation lines from old TV shows and movies to the delight of only themselves.
- •Say "follow me!" when asked "where are we going?" from the back seat.A time-honored tradition. #DadJoke
- •Hate commercials with a passion and make sarcastic comments if/when forced to watch them.
- •Open doors for women, always.
- •DVR Notre Dame/Bears games to watch late at night, avoiding social media if it's a big game.Both to maximize time with family and to be able to focus.
- •Make up silly nicknames for their kids.
- •Drive with reserved aggression and hyper-vigilance, using the ubiquitous term "idiot!" when referring to all other drivers.
- •Saying "That's What She Said."No matter the situation/context.
- •Take pictures of sunrises and sunsets.🌅
- •Pick their fingers when nervous.Specifically the skin on the inside of the thumb with the index fingernail.
- •Say the answer to a question with such authority and conviction that nobody questions it.Except their significant other.
- •Go get the mail as soon as it arrives.Even though there is nothing of value in there. Ever.
- •Become visibly irritated when faced with unexpected construction and/or traffic.
- •Be annoying AF by randomly asking "guess what?"A: Chicken butt.
- •Load the dishwasher like a champion.✊🏼