🏈 Thoughts And Feelings On The 2017 Notre Dame Football Schedule ☘️
Thanks for the LR @k8zinker ! This is my first season in 16 years that I won't be seeing home games in person 😔. The Irish were 4-8 last year, but lost a lot of close games. New QB and Coordinators are question marks, this is a talented young team with a lot of fight. Tough road schedule nets out to a 8-4 record (or better? 🤞🏼).
- •Temple - W*HAVE* to win this game at home. I know little about Temple, other than we've lost to them before and this season will be a dumpster fire, even if they win the next 5 straight, If they lose this game. #MustWin
- •(15) Georgia - LI'd like to think we have a shot against an SEC team at home, and I'd also like to think I'm 6'4" and skinny. Neither are likely based on current information and logic/reality.
- •@ Boston College - WF these clowns. Seriously I hope we beat them by 60. I know nothing about their team other than the history and they can get bent.
- •@ Michigan State - LBoth teams had unexpected down seasons in '16 after high expectations - to me this comes down to coaching and venue, and MSU gets the nod in both unfortunately IMO.
- •Miami (of Ohio) - WAt this point, with a 2-2 record, ND better win by 28 or here will be "For Sale" signs in the Kelly house front yard. Doesn't matter how good the weirder Miami is, ND should never lose to a MAC team at home. Ever.
- •@ North Carolina - WAnother must win at this point sitting at 3-2, good teams win games on the road and they need this one regardless of the outcome of the previous 5 games; side note: I must say I like the Carolina blue uniforms almost as much as the UCLA powder blues.
- •(4) USC - LNope. Rivalry or not, unless something crazy happens like Darnold getting hurt, USC gets a W. *vomits in mouth* sorry just remembering their a**hole band and their 🐶💩fans and how we play them early in the year at home when we should play them in South Bend in November and let them enjoy the ☁️💨❄️ but hey whatever what do I know about home field advantage against your biggest rivals, let them come in October and bring their whole entire band and can we figure out a way to get the horse too?
- •NC State - WSeason decided here at 4-3 - Kelly either gets fired or they have a strong back half. Tough sledding though. Gotta win this one at home no matter what.
- •Wake Forest - WI know literally nothing about this school, let alone their football team. Sounds like some kind of fancy fudge. Can't lose to them at home, just can't.
- •@ (18) Miami - LAnother tough road game, against an old nemesis. Unfortunately they look pretty good and it's at their stadium in America's Penis, so odds are very slim we pull this one out.
- •Navy - WHate this game, love the historical context. Always lose a few guys in this tough, physical game. Punch the Middies in the mouth and then shake their hands and thank them for their service after a hard-fought win in South Bend.
- •@ (14) Stanford - WBowl-eligible at 7-4, with a chance to play the spoiler against the possible PAC-12 N champs and salvage a respectable season at 8-4, the lads pull out their signature win of the season. Is it enough to save Kelly's job? ¯\_(☘️)_/¯
- •Cheer, cheer for Old Notre DameWake up the echoes cheering her name, Send a volley cheer on high, Shake down the thunder from the sky. What though the odds be great or small Old Notre Dame will win over all, While her loyal sons are marching Onward to victory. 🎺 https://youtu.be/oBedPq96kr8 🎺