Veep Characters (Who Aren't JLD), Ranked
If you haven't watched Veep, I pity you, for you have missed one of the great comedic actors of our time in Julia Loius Dreyfus, and one of the sharpest, wittiest, well-written Sitcoms to come out in a loooong time. These characters are ranked subjectively based on my enjoyment of their role in the show. Season 5 starts April 24 I'm pumped!!
- 13.Tom JamesHas felt superfluous to me, but a good straight man. I keep waiting for him to have a 💡moment and save the day right before the end of the show - no wait, that's House.
- 12.Bill EricssonAlso feels superfluous. A slimy politician punching bag.
- 11.Catherine MeyerSooo awkward and plays off the JLD mommy-issues like a seasoned pro.
- 10.Kent DavisonVery dry and calculating. He and Cafferty play well off each other.
- 9.Richard SplettBlissful ignorance wrapped in enthusiastic exuberance.
- 8.Sue WilsonIncapable of a smile or humor beyond the straight insult, the Veep's Secretary likely drives a car with the license plate "0FCKSGVN"
- 7.Amy BrookheimerSeemingly seconds from an aneurysm or a Scanners-level head explosion, her rage comes out sublimely in the quiet give-and-take with Dan Egan.
- 6.Ben CaffertyExhausted indifference, can sling insults and terrible ideas with the best of them.
- 5.Mike McLintockI love Matt Walsh, and he plays the stressful role of Press Secretary perfectly.
- 4.Gary WalshJLD's clueless but well-intentioned bag man, he plays the affectionate lapdog role perfectly.
- 3.Dan EganThe conniving pretty boy who likes to think of himself as one step ahead of everyone but is just another pawn. Sexual tension with Amy Brookheimer level 10.
- 2.Jonah RyanThe oblivious and self-confident punching bag for everyone on the show (including his actual ball bag during a phenomenal arc with my fave Patton Oswalt in Season 4).
- 1.Roger FurlongAn upset pick for sure, I just giggle as soon as he comes on screen because I know he's going to destroy someone verbally (usually his assistant, meekly trailing along behind him).