Cannabis Thoughts: The Difficult Word
September 3. Dosage: mild.
- •I was cleaning up some old boxes, and I came across some stuff from when I was about thirteen.
- •It brought a certain feeling back, that exciting feeling I had back then of not knowing which direction I would go in life, of a million possibilities.The world was so big it was overwhelming.
- •Feeling that again after so many years was intensely powerful — there were moments I almost sort of had to catch my breath.
- •But of course it's time to say goodbye to this old stuff now. And it's tough.I should have done it long ago.
- •But that difficulty isn't what this is about.Everyone knows the difficulty of saying goodbye just as well as me.
- •It's more an acknowledgement of growth — the fact that I CAN do it, even though it's hard.
- •In the past I held on too long, not letting go. I guess because I didn't see the positive side.Wallowing in nostalgia!
- •Hey, don't turn away, I'm better now!
- •I'll take the pain, to move forward.It'll pass.
- •It's something we do for ourselves and each other.
- •There's another lesson for me here too, though.
- •Part of the pain of the past is the feeling of missed opportunity, I think.Did we really wring every last drop of joy out of life?
- •So the lesson is: be present.
- •Whatever you do, try your best to do it all the way.Not distractedly, not by halves.
- •It's not easy. But that's okay!
- •If anyone reads this: be well. I'm rooting for you.