EXCUSES I HAVE MADE FOR NOT ASKING SOMEONE OUT
Some of these are legit. Some of these are not. I am a romantic coward.
- •We had to make out on stage a bunch over the course of several weeks and it seemed like it would not be helpful. (x 2)Then he started dating someone else.
- •He was my teacher/professor. (x 5)Actually counting these up is really surprising. Five seems like a lot.
- •He was kind of the worst.Good call, past me.
- •He was seriously dating someone else. (x 6)Ugh so frustrating. I usually really like the girlfriend. I can't decide if that helps.
- •I wouldn't admit to myself that I had a crush on him because he was SO clearly out of my league and that would be UGH SO EMBARASSING. (x 2)I will not be doing this again. Goodbye, my teen years.
- •Everything he wrote or said in English class was BEAUTIFUL and INSIGHTFUL, but I didn't really know him outside of class so I thought it would be weird. (x 3)10th grade, 11th grade, Junior year of college. English class is a strange place.
- •We were friends and part of the same social group. I figured this could only end badly. I'm not an emotional risk-taker. (x 3)I still don't know if these were good calls. Maybe that means that they weren't.
- •S/he is a celebrity or a fictional character and I have never actually met him/her. (x 1 million)Rachel Maddow, call me.