FAVORITE ROM-COMS OF ALL TIME, IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
I have not seen every RomCom, but I have seen a lot of them.
- •Much Ado About Nothing (1598-1599)(The play, although I've been told the Kenneth Branagh film version is good.)
- •Pride and Prejudice (1813)The book
- •On The Town (1944)The stage musical, although the movie is pretty good.
- •Mystic Pizza (1988)
- •When Harry Met Sally (1989)
- •Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
- •Pride and Prejudice (1995)The BBC Version
- •Shakespeare in Love (1998)
- •Notting Hill (1999)...Peak Hugh Grant and peak Julia Roberts crossover...
- •Legally Blonde (2001)"Oh my god! The bend and snap! Works every time!"
- •Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
- •Love Actually (2003)I know this is controversial, and I generally pretend the Colin Firth plot line doesn't exist, but the cast is amazing and I'm weirdly attached to the very un-rom-com Emma Thompson/Alan Rickman story.
- •Bridesmaids (2011)
- •Hart of Dixie (2011-2012)Season one, specifically.
- •In a World... (2013)I love that the major end-of-film win in this movie isn't actually getting the guy.
- •Trainwreck (2015)Trainwreck inspired this list. I may go see it again in theaters. The last 20 minutes are perfection.