HELPFUL WORDS FROM "YES PLEASE"
Amy Poehler's book came out on my 24th birthday, like a gift from The Universe. I pre-ordered it. And then I didn't read it for nearly a year.
- •"The pressure of 'What are you going to do?' makes everybody feel like they haven't done anything yet...Young and old need to relax in the moment and live where they are."
- •"I am a firm believer that every few years one needs to shake one's life through a sieve, like a miner in the Yukon. The gold nuggets remain. The rest falls through like the soft earth it is."
- •"A lot of people don't know: Aziz went to business school."
- •"I wrote [this book] ugly and in pieces."
- •"I believe great people do things before they are ready."
- •Mike Schur on Leslie Knope: "...a completely consistent, heart-on-her-sleeve character who was not embarrassed or ashamed by anything she ever said or did in any scenario...It's a pretty badass character trait."
- •"I secretly disliked most new people!"Me, too, Amy. Me too.
- •"...a key element of being my friend is being comfortable with my forced fun."
- •"The doing is the thing."The play's the thing! Sorry. Reflex.
- •"I tried to tell the truth and be funny. What else do you want from me, you filthy animals?"
- •"...I could decide who I was. My only job was to surround myself with people who respected and supported that choice. Being foolish was the smartest thing to do."
- •"Career is the thing that will not fill you up and never make you truly whole."
- •"...sometimes work should just be work."
- •"Nobody looks stupid when they are having fun."