THINGS I SAW ON MY ADVENTURE TO TAKOMA TODAY
I ventured far to the NW (of DC) near the MD border to visit the Humane Society and look into adopting a cat. Also I have a job interview in this neighborhood next week, so I thought I'd check it out.
- •A "Hebrew Funeral Home"
- •Soupergirl: A soup-themed restaurantThank goodness they've finally got gazpacho. I can't imagine the soup business is booming in DC in the summer. (It's a swamp, have you heard?)
- •A store for "the socially conscious pet"
- •A vegan restaurant, which looked delicious, and also is a barProbably where I will meet my future spouse, and together we will adopt a socially conscious pet, obviously.
- •An old timey sign for an "Electric Maid"The future is now
- •A second location of one of my favorite DC restaurants: Busboys and Poets
- •A "Masonic Center"
- •Some adorable housesDid you know there was suburbia like this within the DC city limits?
- •Unusual street signs
- •CATSCould that face/presence in a cage say PLEASE ADOPT ME any louder?