My Favorite Female Characters And What They Taught Me
In honor of International Women's Day, natch.
- •Hermione GrangerInsist on taking up just as much, if not more, space as the boys do. Own your intelligence and general badassery.
- •Kate BeckettSelf-confidence starts with dangerously high-heeled boots and a leather jacket; the rest will follow.
- •Leslie KnopeOptimism is not a fool's errand. Never underestimate the importance of friendship and hard work.
- •Regina MillsNo matter how far gone you think you are, you can always come back. Relationships are nearly always salvageable.
- •Donna Moss & C.J. CreggAlways, always favor idealism over cynicism. Boys' clubs were made to be broken into.
- •Lorelai GilmoreRevel in your imperfections, especially the caffeinated ones. Love yourself independent of romantic relationships.
- •Maria von TrappA little spunk will take your far. When in doubt, ply yourself with your favorite things.
- •Peggy CarterYour femininity is an asset, even when it feels like baggage. Vulnerability does not come at the expense of strength.