Pop Culture Christmas Traditions
Books, movies, music, and whatnot that I love visiting each December.
- •Love ActuallyMy numero uno. I usually do a Thanksgiving weekend viewing and another one right before Christmas because it's too good to only watch once a year.
- •Wrapped in Red, Kelly ClarksonOne of my fave holiday albums, her covers are great, but I looove the originals.
- •Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen JohnsonThis is a YAL novel with 3 interconnected holiday romances, and it's adorable and festive and super sweet.
- •The Sound of MusicMy favorite movie of all time and one that my entire family really loves. We usually watch it on the 23rd or the 24th, once my sister and I make it home.
- •The Pentatonix Christmas albumsI've already listened to both of these a whole bunch, but they're so good. I've basically had Christmas music on since early November.
- •My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Love Stories by A Whole Bunch of PeopleThis is YAL too. I don't love all of the stories, but some of them are really cute. I usually skip around to my favorites.
- •The HolidayThe Kate Winslet/Cameron Diaz one featuring Jack Black and Jude Law as ridiculously charming dudes. This is super underrated, it's so cozy and romantic.
- •Christmas, Michael BubleOr as I call him, Michael Bubbly. Dude is so smooth and croony. I also hit the Harry Connick Jr. and Josh Groban pretty hard this time of year.
- •Mandy by Julie AndrewsThis is a kids' chapter book that I've loved since middle school. Someone got it for me without realizing who wrote it but I, already a SOM fan, was so excited it was JA. It's kind of a throwback to old-fashioned kids' books and it tells a lovely little story.
- •The GrinchI love the Jim Carrey one so much, though the original is good too. My siblings and I quote this movie so much ("Dinner with myself? I can't cancel that again!") We usually do this one on whichever night we don't watch SOM.
- •The She & Him Christmas albumsI love Zooey Deschanel's voice so much, and their covers are so soothing and old-fashioned.
- •ElfI mean, c'mon. Who doesn't love this movie?