GREAT POETS WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR
- •Mark StrandIt was clear when I left the party / That though I was over eighty I still had / A beautiful body.
- •Louise GlückI said you could snuggle. That doesn’t mean / your cold feet all over my dick.
- •Philip LarkinThey fuck you up, your mum and dad. / They may not mean to, but they do. / They fill you with the faults they had / And add some extra, just for you.
- •John DonneThou call'st me effeminate, for I love women's joys; / I call not thee manly, though thou follow boys.
- •Frank O'Haraoh Lana Turner we love you get up
- •e.e. cummingsmmamakmakemakesWwOwoRworLworlD
- •Dan Chiassonhe has a lyre too and he likes to throw lyre parties.
- •Walt WhitmanEarth! you seem to look for something at my hands, / Say old topknot! what do you want?
- •James MerrillEach thirteenth year he married. When he died/ There were already several chilled wives/ In sable orbit--rings, cars, permanent waves./ We'd felt him warming up for a green bride.Suggested by @zoe