TOP 10 NORWEGIAN WORDS
This is the best language of them all
- •JoMy #1 favorite. It means "I say yes, even though you say no."
- •KjærlighetMeans "love." Why use four letters when you can use nine letters and an "æ"?
- •SelvfølgeligLiterally means "self following," used as "for sure!" or "of course!" Like, of course I will come over for dinner, I would only be following my true self.
- •Nydelig"Lovely." People tend to drag out the "y" to express exactly how lovely something is. Extremely lovely would be nyyyyyyydelig.
- •KjempeSuper-sizes anything. Kjempefint (super good) kjempesulten (super hungry) kjempenysgjerrig (super curious)
- •JordbærStrawberry! Literally means "earth berry." 🍓Where did we get "straw" from, anyway?
- •ÅMeans and sounds like "oh!" As in, "Å! I'm so surprised!"
- •FinCognate! Means "fine." "Så fin du var!" (How fine you were!) is the biggest compliment you can receive in Norway, where they deliver praise in the past tense so nothing gets too emotional.
- •EkteMeans "authentic." Ekte honning = real honey 🍯
- •HerlighetGlory, a sense of gloriousness.