10 FAVORITE FILM PERFORMANCES OF 2015
The performances of the 2015 films I got to see that stayed with me the whole year.
- 1.Brie Larson (Room)The single best of the year.
- 2.Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant)I heard rumblings that Leo is "owed" the Oscar this year and this isn't his best acting to which I strongly disagree. This is an incredible performance.
- 3.Michael Fassbender (Steve Jobs)He never slows down in this movie and you can't stop watching.
- 4.Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina)Honestly she made me think for a few minutes in this film that she was a real robot. My brain couldn't believe her performance.
- 5.Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road)Amazing.
- 6.Paul Dano (Love & Mercy)Any time Paul Dano freaks out in a movie you know you are in for a good time.
- 7.Walton Goggins (The Hateful Eight)I couldn't decide between including Sam Jackson or Goggins and quickly decided once I realized I had a giant smile on my face anytime Goggins spoke. He's so much fun in this movie.
- 8.Rooney Mara (Carol)She's an incredible actress and you can't take your eyes off her in this movie.
- 9.Tom Hardy (The Revenant)So crazy good. No better supporting actor this year.
- 10.Idris Elba (Beasts of No Nation)A complex character that Elba played perfectly. Plus his accent was incredible.
- 11.Melissa McCarthy (Spy)She developed a full character, had some great action scenes, and was pretty funny doing it. This could've been played like a parody in the wrong hands and I believe McCarthy killed it.
- 12.Joel Edgerton (Black Mass)Everyone raves about Johnny Depp, but I felt Edgarton stole every scene he was in as a corrupted FBI agent.
- 13.Jason Segel (The End of the Tour)I know very little about David Foster Wallace, but Segel's performance is very nuanced in this movie. He captures insecurities very well and makes Wallace's huge vocabulary sound like he actually knows what he is saying instead of just memorizing a script. I love the last shot of him dancing.
- 14.Samuel L. Jackson (The Hateful Eight)Jackson, under Tarantino's direction, has had some iconic performances and this is no different. It's a role I can't see anyone else pull off and extremely entertaining.
- 15.Amy Schumer (Trainwreck)Obviously she has proven herself to be very funny, but in quite a few scenes show she has a strong talent for drama as well.
- 16.BONUS: Michael Shannon (The Night Before)Legend.