COEN BROTHERS' FILMS: RANKED
"I think when you watch the dailies, the film that you shoot every day, you're very excited by it and very optimistic about how it's going to work. And when you see it the first time you put the film together, the roughest cut, is when you want to go home and open up your veins and get in a warm tub and just go away." -Joel Coen
- 1.Fargo (1996)"OK, so we got a trooper pulls someone over, we got a shooting, these folks drive by, there's a high-speed pursuit, ends here and then this execution-type deal."
- 2.No Country for Old Men (2007)"What's the most you've ever lost in a coin toss?"
- 3.The Big Lebowski (1998)"That rug really tied the room together."
- 4.Inside Llewlyn Davis (2013)"If it was never new, and it never gets old, then it's a folk song."
- 5.True Grit (2010)"I can't do nothin' for ya, son."
- 6.The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)"Me, I don't talk much... I just cut the hair."
- 7.Miller's Crossing (1990)"Hey Tom, what's the rumpus?"
- 8.Barton Fink (1991)"I'm a writer, you monsters! I create! I create for a living! I'm a creator! I am a creator!"
- 9.O Brother Where Art Thou? (2000)"Well, it didn't look like a two-horse town, but try finding a decent hair jelly."
- 10.Raising Arizona (1987)"Well, H.I., looks like you've been up to the devil's business."
- 11.Blood Simple. (1984)"He was alive when I buried him."
- 12.Burn After Reading (2008)"You think that's a Schwinn!"
- 13.Hail, Caesar! (2016)"Squint against the grandeur!"
- 14.Intolerable Cruelty (2003)"You want tact, call a tactician. You want an ass nailed, you come see Gus Petch."
- 15.A Serious Man (2009)"Sy Ableman was a serious man."
- 16.The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)"When is a sidewalk fully dressed? When it's Waring Hudsucker!"
- 17.The Ladykillers (2004)"This is a Christian house, boy. No hippity-hop language in here."