WHAT I WATCHED THIS WEEK (2/21-2/28)
What I streamed and saw in theaters this week.
- •The Witch (in theaters) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️I felt unnerved the whole time through this movie and the introduction of the witch probably is the creepiest thing I'll see all year.
- •Brooklyn (2015) ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2I enjoyed it but the last act seemed sort of rushed and I hadn't thought it since I finished it.
- •Spectre (2015) ⭐️⭐️⭐️On iTunes. A lot of parts of this seemed really ridiculous but certain action set pieces were fun to watch.
- •Love (Season One) ⭐️⭐️⭐️On Netflix. The first season of this show felt like a 5 hour movie more than the beginning of a television series. I wonder how season 2 would continue with Gus and Mickey and not repeat itself? Either way, I really liked Gillian Jacobs performance and the season as a whole was good but not great.
- •While We're Young (2015) ⭐️⭐️1/2On Amazon Prime. Noah Baumbach's films are usually hit and miss with me (mostly miss) but this was one was okay honestly because of how fun it is to watch Adam Driver.
- •Digging for Fire (2015) ⭐️⭐️On Amazon Prime. Despite a pretty cool cast I could not get into this at all. I don't think I'm Joe Swanberg's audience to be fair.