"GOING TO PRETEND I DIDN'T DO THIS" BOOK HAUL 11/5/15
So this week I dunno what happened but I bought a ton of books oops and I have gone 3x over my monthly allowance for books because you know I short of accidentally got a bunch in Baltimore and well my shelf is full so they are piling up everywhere....see also: failed exercises in self control. No pics bc most are still in the mail.
- •Rookie Yearbook 1Buying this was the end result of falling down a very long rabbit hole, a few steps of which involved me remembering I used to love Rookie and then seeing how confusing the new layout is. May as well read it this way right?
- •Rookie yearbook 2I have to get things in series....waiting for my wallet to recover to get the next two.
- •Howl by GinsbergFound a facsimile of his original manuscript with his notes and scribbles in it at Red Emma's in Baltimore; didn't buy, had pervasive buyers regret, ordered it, now waiting anxiously. The archivist in me is also justifying this for its historical quality.
- •It by Alexa CheungThe Internet was like "Since you bought Rookie yearbook, you might like this," and I was all "Yes, yes I would"
- •Please Kill Me: the Uncensored History of PunkThere is so much I want to know and so little time to learn it. I'm currently on a huge history-of-Riot-Grrrl kick right now; this seemed a natural extension of my current endeavor. Plus I'm all about broader historical contextualizing, and this has been on my list for years.
- •The Boston GirlHave picked this up and put it back down from the library so many times. I succumbed to its siren call when I found it for sale at the grocery store.