INTERNET BOOKMARKS FROM ANOTHER TIME IN MY LIFE
After college I somehow became a convert to google chrome, forgetting the many beloved years of my internet life powered by safari. Today I booted up safari for the first time in ages and seeing the bookmarks across the top--unchanged for who knows how long-- instantly sent me back to being a frenzied undergrad with major laptop separation anxiety.
- •BlackboardWow, I haven't used safari in like, two years. Seeing this old intranet portal for my university made me so nostalgic. Like, I kinda want to hop on blackboard and check my homework assignments and stress about my grades again.
- •My Univeristy' home pageUgh. The feels. They say you can't go home again...
- •LibraryThis links to my university library which I firmly maintain is one of the best libraries ever (even though I know that there are bigger and better ones out there....my many years working for Special Collections has rendered me totally biased when it comes to academic libraries.) If I were to update this book mark it would either go to the seminary where I audit classes, or my local library whose ebook overdrive I plunder on a daily basis.
- •Save to ZoteroThesis flashbacks
- •TumblrI used tumblr religiously from my breakup from Wordpress in 2009 through summer of 2014, when I was allowed to putz on my Office fan blog while working shifts in the coat check at my museum job. Without classes to be distracted from or a coat closet to work in, I've totally drifted from using tumblr recently.
- •HelloGiggles@hellogiggles got me through some of the most stressful research projects of undergrad. They are the queens of emotionally validating study breaks.
- •Is it true, these rumors on the interwebs that "Twitter is dying"? I live tweeted reading Moby Dick for American Romanticist Lit in college and many, many art museum geek-outs, so I certainly hope not! Plus it's great for bonding with strangers at conferences.