How I Stay Organized
Turns out I'm mostly a paper & pen person
- •Gave up on the complex apps and programsI think I've tried them all. Just don't work for my freelance life
- •Kitchen wall calendarThis is where we record travel dates, appointments (doctor, hair, dentist), social activities, and anything that pertains to both of us
- •WunderlistThis is used only for groceries and is our only app for organizing. We each add and subtract from list independently -- the weekly list synchs so we don't duplicate
- •Weekly plannerI use a simple weekly planner to keep track of my work & blog & daily tasks. No decoration, no inspiration. Just a record of my hours, projects, due dates. This lives in my home office. Has worked for me my whole career. Mr BFR uses same for his work (he's also self-employed)
- •JournalI use a lined journal in a quasi-bullet journal way to keep track of general info: movie lists, travel ideas, gift ideas, meal planning, and so on. This is not personal or private & my husband sometimes creates his own pages. Here's where we also keep permanent lists--for example, seasonal chores & packing for trips.
- •EvernoteOkay, I lied. We use one other program/app: Evernote. Here's where we collect web pages and info that pertain to random things, esp when we're researching for a major purchase or planning a vacation.