The Crazy Shit I Saw at the Fair
Piglets! Ice cream! Men on fire! It's like the circus rolled into town—and then crashed straight into the barn.
- •This is exactly what you think it is: a man on fire. Jumping from 60 feet. Into a kiddie pool.
- •They come for the rides and the animals and the milkshakes made by the 4H Club and more of those milkshakes made by the 4H Club.
- •I guess they come for the turkey wraps, too.
- •Hello, Cowgirl.
- •Hello, Piggies!
- •Hello, Cow Ass!
- •I don't really understand orange camouflage. In case you need to hide behind Tigger?
- •At the fair, I did not expect to see prize-wining art.
- •I did expect to rub shoulders with real farmers who don't use wheelbarrows as set pieces to display flowers.
- •The guy who was operating this baby? I wouldn't get in the backseat of his car so why did I let him whip me around 80 feet above the hard ground? That right there is the magic of the fair.
- •And so, in summary, walk over to your computer, Google up 'state fair' and go. You'll thank me later.