I LIKE TO MAKE THINGS
I love to make stuff. All kinds of stuff. I don't even mind if it turns out crappy (a lot of it does).
- •Hand-dyed fabricProcion dyes -- all these start with the same orange color, then I added a bit of this or that to get this autumn lineup.
- •ClothesI like to take apart old clothes and use them as a pattern. This was an old Levi's jacket that I loved til it was threadbare.
- •Quilts that look like stained glassI used up some old dye on random pieces of fabric, then cut random lines and sewed in strips and kept doing that til I got this result.
- •Leaded glass windowsI shamelessly plagiarized a Frank Lloyd Wright design. This window is in the interior of my house and sheds light down into a very dark stairwell.
- •ElectricityThis is our net meter -- it shows total consumption since our solar panels were installed, and the number would be 20 times that without the panels.
- •Alphabet quiltsI made these for my twin grandkids. My daughter-in-law is from Thailand (she's the coolest woman I've ever met).
- •Picnic tableI just made this today.