Books I Finished in 2015
- •Catch 22 - Joseph HellerI really enjoyed this classic - a lot of dry sarcastic humor. Stephanie is always saying I haven't read some of the essential works of literature.
- •Die Empty - Todd HenryI try to read a business book between each fiction book I read. The main concepts of Die Empty are that your life and career build on experiences. The three main phases of becoming good at any thing are 1. Mapping (setting goals and plans) 2. Making (doing the work) and 3. Meshing (nurturing growth and skill building to expand thinking to new work)
- •Velvet Elvis - Rob BellI've read a lot of Rob Bells books. I really enjoy reading his thoughts on Christianity, what we talk about with doubts, and the immense love of God.
- •Fight Club - Chuck PalahniukGreat book. Great movie. Even knowing the twist it was still mind blowing! Gritty, violent, and a fun read!
- •The Mingling of SoulsA look at love based on Song of Solomon
- •Exploring Diabetes with Owls - David SedarisI've read a few of David Sedaris' books, and I really enjoyed this book of his short stories - hilarious!
- •The Power of Habit - Charles DuhiggA look at how habits impact out lives. How to shape, change and use habits to help us be more productive and efficient.
- •*Bonus* Fahrenheit 451 - Ray BradburyJust started this one! Even chapter one has be intrigued and excited for what's next