Already on li.st? Open in app.
In No Apparent Order
- •Tie-in merchandise that actually matches the movie.Most recent example is Tomorrowland. To me they dropped the ball on this one. The one item that anyone of any age would probably want a replica of is the pin and every version was off in some way. Wrong size. Wrong color. Wrong design. I'm sure there's some kind of burecratic reason as to why it's so tough to get it right but I'm still baffled that it still happens. The demand is there, now the product designers need to step up to the plate.
- •Movie and Soundtrack/Score BundlesThe only example of that I've seen and own is from The Terminal. It's one of those "I didn't know I needed it until I got it" deals but oftentimes I find myself humming tunes after I've seen a movie. Having the soundtrack available along with the movie is also a great plug for the combo pack trend. Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy/Soundtrack?! Sign me up!
- •Complete SoundtracksFew things frustrate me more than purchasing a soundtrack only to find that it doesn't include every song featured in the movie. I understand there is probably copyright/royalty concerns that govern the studios and prevent this from becoming a reality, but when there are "alternate" versions of the songs featured on the soundtrack one can't but think the studio is being stingy.
- •"You're like a left turn arrow in LA"
- •The Lord of the Rings TrilogyI once lost an entire day of work when I got hypnotized by the trilogy marathon on TNT
- •The Harry Potter SeriesABC Family Harry Potter Weekends get me every time.
- •Just about any Disney animated movie.
- •Clicking My Heels in a Naval Uniform.I purchased the uniform from an estate sale in my neighborhood. Did some research and found out that the previous owner served in WWII as a Medic(?)
- •On the RocksTaken during a campout in high school.
- •M-ArcoLook at those gas prices!
- •On SetSee that fog? I was in charge of wafting it.
- •A member of the Tracy family from ThunderbirdsI grew up during the resurgence of this series. I think it aired briefly on Fox Kids but my primary means of exposure was from a small collection of VHS' which consisted of a few compilations and two movies.
- •Bill NyeMy parents had to dye and alter an adult sized lab coat for this costume.
- •The Verizon GuyThinking back I realize I did a poor job of recreating this costume. I had a generic jacket, fake glasses and a cell phone and that's about it.
- •Elwood Blues
An ongoing series. I promise.
- •”You're like the person who brings the beach ball to sporting events. You think you're important because everyone is participating but secretly we all want to punch you in the face"
- •"You're about as welcome as that fat kid on the archeological dig from Jurassic Park"
- •"You're the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull of human beings"