ADVICE FOR 2017 GRADUATES 🔥
Inspired by @andersun
- •Do NOT compare your journey to your peer's journey. Everyone is lying and you will never know if you are comparing your real life to their highlight reel
- •Don't check facebook on your work computer!It's a millennial stereotype and they are waiting for you to do it. Trust me. Stay off your phone too.
- •Mention your age rarely to never, because everyone is older than you and it does no good to make people feel old.
- •Drink water a lot, especially between alcoholic drinks. Hangovers are about to last longer than they did at 19.
- •Ladies: "I'm sorry" is a phrase you need to use a maximum of once a week in emails.This is the reason there is a pay gap. We take the blame for EVERYTHING. Stop it.
- •Ladies again: don't let boys put their name ahead of yours just because they are boys. Every time I see a list of 5 names of coworkers in the same department at the same rank, the men are listed first.Don't let them have that either!
- •Guys: don't expect to be listed first because you can sit with your legs open.
- •Guys: never ever ever call a receptionist or office manager a secretary. It's basically telling them to go make you a sandwich.
- •Always boo when Betsy DeVos tries to do a commencement speechThis could happen at any time. Be prepared.