🚗 DMV Thoughts
I'm waiting to renew my Drivers License, and it's a long line.
- •I've been here 90 minutes. 40 of those were outside.
- •If I was even on the fence about ever changing my last name when I got hitched, this is enough to keep me from doing it.Only wives have to bring their marriage license to renew their drivers license any time they move. Only if they change their last name. Patriarchy.
- •This is the last week to register to vote, the whole place is mostly brown and black folk.I can't imagine this is a bad thing for democracy.
- •It's a privilege to be able to renew in person. I am being forced to because they make you come in every 12 years. But not every job gives you the middle of the day off.Even though my job does, it still took me almost 6 months to finally get out here.
- •Voter ID laws are suppressing the vote. Online renewals should be more readily available to even the playing field.
- •Some people are very entitled and think the long line isn't something they should wait in. I love watching them do the walk of shame to the back of the bus—er... Line!I don't like those people. Fun fact, they were none of the people of color. Just an observation.
- •I hate the DMV.
- •Gotta love Texas. Oh, we actually call it the DPS here, because we are dumb. 😘